We have been getting quite a few questions about our shampoo bars. And we have noticed that many of these questions involve how long Scentora’s shampoo bars last, how much is to be used, and how the shampoo bar should be maintained.
So, this blog is dedicated to answer such frequently asked questions and provide more clarity about Scentora’s pH-balanced conditioning shampoo bars.
HOW LONG DO THEY LAST?
This is a not a one-number answer since there are a lot of factors that contribute to this. And we believe that it is necessary for customers to know why there is no one-number answer:
We understand that liquid shampoos have been the norm for a long time, therefore, the concept of shampoo bars is not well-understood. But we want to assert that Scentora’s shampoo bars function exactly the same as liquid shampoos.
Points to Note –
- Team Scentora will not provide an exact number of how long the shampoo bars will last because it differs for different people, just like liquid shampoos.
- If you have noticed the labels on liquid shampoos, they provide product quantity, ingredients, manufacturing specifics, and similar information.
- But even liquid shampoos do not tell you how long it will last because obviously, it is going to vary depending on how often you wash your hair and the length of your hair. This holds true for Scentora’s shampoo bars as well.
Providing an Approximation –
- We at Team Scentora have used all versions of our 55-gram shampoo bar and it has lasted us for a little over 20 washes.
- Everyone at Team Scentora has medium to long hair length and our use per week depends on our hair type.
HOW MUCH TO USE?
The simple answer is to use as much as your scalp and hair need to remove dirt and excess oil. Only you can determine how much you need since you know your hair best.
Therefore, use as much as you require to keep your hair clean.
HOW DO YOU MAINTAIN THE SHAMPOO BAR?
After you use it, store it in a dry, airy place and let the water from it drain out. It is exactly the same as storing a used body soap to make it last longer.
So, you could store it in a soap dish, a soapbox, or keep it on any fixed soap tray in your washroom. The point is to let it dry again and keep it dry till the next use.
HOW DO I KNOW WHICH SHAMPOO BAR TO CHOOSE?
We have written a detailed guide to choosing Scentora's shampoo bars. Check out the blog here.
DOES IT WORK WITH HARD WATER?
Yes! We have verified that Scentora's shampoo bar works well with hard water and lathers just as normal.
DOES IT REMOVE OIL?
Absolutely. Scentora's shampoo bars use coconut-based surfactants that remove the dirt and excess oil that accumulate on the scalp. Scentora's shampoo bar can also handle any hair oil applied pre-wash and cleanses it off according to your style of use. It lathers well and is gentle on the scalp.
Got more questions? Leave us a comment on this blog and we will address your concerns.
Written by Ambica Gayathri (Co-founder of Scentora)